Can the Sling TV give its users great experience even when it is a budget-friendly TV service for cord-cutting? There are tons of things to learn about this app. You will find them all in the article of MOIPTV.
Sling TV lets you say goodbye to the traditional TV cable as well as expensive bills for many other IPTV services. The Sling TV login offers a perfect chance of having the live TV watching experience at a considerably low cost. And it is just an old story in which you have to wait too long for cable firms to reply to your requirements.
That is what people have talked about the Sling TV these days. Does the service perform exactly as this common review?
1. Sling TV Overview
Before deciding whether you should choose the Sling TV or not, it is a must to know basically about it first. so, here we go.
1.1 What is Sling TV?
In 2012, a company named DISH Network relaunched DishWorld. And three year later (January, 2015), the Sling TV – an upgraded version of that DishWorld started its journey as the first and affordable IPTV provider in the market. And it is still the cheapest one at present.
The Sling IPTV app allows you to watch your favourite channels such as sports, music, news, movies, and TV shows on compatible streaming devices. Plus, premium add-ons like Showtime are available with this IPTV service, too.
The company claims that their Sling TV is the first service provider that offers five major networks. They include Cinemax, Showtime, STARZ, Epix, and HBO. Besides, it is also a great deal to have partnerships with Sundance TV, BBC America, IFC, and AMC.
Besides the streaming TV, the Cloud DVR becomes an impressive part of the Sling TV. The feature lets you rewind TV contents and watch later.
1.2 Sling TV packages
We divide this section into six parts. They are main packages, premium channels, extras, Spanish-language channels, sports channels, and Sling DVR.
1.2.1 Main packages
There are three main packages of the Sling TV, namely, Sling Orange, Sling Blue and a combination Orange & Blue. Additionally, you have a chance to enjoy three days of Sling TV free trial with this IPTV app.
In comparison, the Sling Orange and Sling Blue are nearly the same. Their differences lie in the channel lineup:
- Sling Orange: The first package is the Sling Orange which costs $30 per month for over 30 channels. Notable channels: A&E, AMC, BBC America, CNN, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, Disney Channel, HGTV, HISTORY, Investigation Discovery, Freeform, Food Network, Lifetime, TBS.
- Sling Blue: The second package is as cheap as the first one with only $30 for a monthly plan for over 40 channels. Notable channels: BBC America, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNN, Food Network, FOX, Fox News, HGTV, HISTORY, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime Channel, MSNBC, NBC, Nick Jr., Paramount Network, TBS, TLC, USA…
- Sling Orange & Blue: The payment is $45 for this third package for over 50 channels. Notable channels: Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, CNN, Discovery Channel, Disney Channel, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, HGTV, HISTORY, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MSNBC, National Geographic, Paramount Network, TBS, Univision, USA…
1.2.2 Premium channels
Besides the channels for three main packages mentioned above, there are more and more other channels available with the Sling TV. However, you must make additional payments besides the IPTV subscription to enjoy. The company calls them the premium channels.
- SHOWTIME: $10/month
- STARZ: $9/month
- EPIX: $5/month
- NBA LEAGUE PASS: $28.99/month
If you have kids, we highly recommend the Kids Extra add-on with Disney Junior and Disney Jr. channels. Or some Sling TV channels of reality TV shows on VH1 and BET are not a bad idea.
- Hallmark Movies Now: $6/month
- Acorn: $6/month
- Kids Extra: $5/month
- News Extra: $5/month
- Sports Extra: $5/month
- Lifestyle Extra: $5/month
- Hollywood Extra: $5/month
- Heartland Extra: $5/month
- International: $5/month
- FlixLatino: $3/month
- Pantaya: $6/month
1.2.4 Spanish-language channels
In case that you are looking for Spanish-language channels, we also know some Sling TV local channels to recommend. They belong to 6 packages as the followings:
- Best of Spanish: $10/month for over 20 channels
- México Service: $10/month for over 10 channels
- Caribe Service: $10/month for over 5 channels
- Sudamérica Service: $10/month for over 10 channels
- Centroamérica Service: $10/month for 3 channels
- España Service: $10/month for 3 channels
1.2.5 Sports channels
Finally, the Sling TV has the NFL RedZone on its channel lineup. The extra monthly payment for the best IPTV experience is $15. Among Sling Orange, Sling Blue, and Sling Orange & Blue, you will find different catalogs of channels.
- Sling Orange: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, Stadium, TNT
- Sling Blue: NFL Network, NBC Sports, NBC Sports Network, FS1, Stadium, TNT
- Sling Orange & Blue: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, NFL Network, NBC Sports, NBC, Sports Network, FS1, Stadium
1.2.6 Sling DVR
Although the Sling TV offers a 10-hour cloud DVR storage for free, it seems to be not enough for some users. If you are also in that situation, paying an extra monthly fee for additional 50 hours of storage is worth money. It costs $5 per month.
By the Sling IPTV reviews, there is a useful note to keep in mind. When your 50-hour storage space runs out, the system will automatically delete the recordings that you have already watched first. And then, it turns to your oldest recordings.
A wide range of packages may make you confused when considering. We suggest you enter a list of your must-have channels into the “Service Optimizer” of the Sling TV. Next, the Sling TV customer service will give its recommendation of the best plan for you.
1.3 Compatible devices
The Sling TV enables you to stream channels on the following devices.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Google Chromecast
- iPhones, iPads (from iOS 9)
- Android smartphones, tablets, and TVs
- Web browsers on PC and Mac
- Google Nest
- Oculus Go
- TiVo Stream 4K
Regardless of devices, you have to prepare a strong Internet connection. If you do not, displaying the smooth streaming quality is impossible.
As for the iPhone and iPad, the Sling TV app needs the Internet connection at least 3 Mbps. And this level will increase to 5 Mbps in case of TVs, PCs, and Mac.
1.4 Sling TV and VPN
VPN or the Virtual Private Network is commonly in use to protect users’ privacy online. But the Sling TV as well as many other IPTV providers block it because of content licensing restrictions and geographic-based policies.
In fact, the parent company of the Sling TV keeps looking for new and more efficient ways to detect and block all VPN traffics. Hence, when deciding to choose the Sling TV, users often find it difficult to search for a VPN that can work well with most of your streaming services.
The following are a summary of all highlights regarding the Sling TV in case that you are too busy to read.
- 3 different packages including Sling Blue, Sling Orange, and Sling Blue & Orange.
- A discount applied for the first month of the Standard plan.
- 72-hour free trial.
- More than 50 channels.
- Local channels available on most common streaming devices.
- Simultaneous connection for up to 3 devices.
- 10-hour free recording with Cloud DVR.
- Stereo audio.
- Only 1-minute streaming delay.
- Less than 5 seconds for channel switching.
- Parental controls for more reliability.
2. Some features about Sling TV
Registering a new account is the first thing to do when you want to enjoy the Sling TV packages latest. And do not forget to try its 3-day free trial.
Now, we will guide you how to register for a Sling TV account.
The guide includes 8 steps in total.
Step 1: You visit the Sling website and click on the “Sign up”. A box will be displayed on the screen for you to fill in your information including email and password. Then, you click on the “Next”.
Step 2: You choose a package of Sling TV channels that you prefer. In this guide, we choose the third one “Sling Orange & Blue”.
Step 3: You choose some Extras.
Step 4: And then, it is time to choose Premium channels and Spanish-language channels.
Step 5: You click on the “Next”.
Step 6: On the screen, you will see a box of “Review”. If you are ready to buy an IPTV subscription right away, you enter your payment details. In case that you want to try the free trial first, click on the “Not yet” at the bottom of the screen.
Step 7: And now, the Sling TV is ready to go.
Step 8: You can choose to set up compatible devices to watch streaming Sling TV.
Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and iPhone are three devices that we love to guide you the Sling installation.
2.1 On Amazon Fire TV
- Step 1: On the home screen of the Amazon Fire TV, navigating to the search icon on the left corner of the menu.
- Step 2: Entering the “Sling TV” into the searching box and click onto the first option displayed.
- Step 3: Clicking on the “Sling TV app” under the option Apps & Games.
- Step 4: Clicking on the “Get”.
- Step 5: Waiting for the “Sling TV app” to install.
- Step 6: Clicking on the “Open”.
- Step 7: Letting the Sling TV to launch.
- Step 8: Selecting the “Start 3 Days Free Trial” or “Explore Free Content”.
- Step 9: Choosing the “Explore Free Content” to browse Sling prior to purchasing or starting a trial.
- Step 10: Noticing the two free content options available within Sling – My TV and Guide.
2.2 On Roku
- Step 1: On the home screen of your Roku device, clicking on the “Search”.
- Step 2: Typing the “Sling TV” into the searching bar.
- Step 3: Scrolling to the right and selecting Sling TV.
- Step 4: Clicking on the “Add channel”.
- Step 5: Waiting for the Sling to be added to your channels.
- Step 6: Clicking on the “OK”.
- Step 7: Returning back to the home screen and locating the Sling TV app.
- Step 8: Clicking the star icon on your remote and selecting the “Move channel”.
- Step 9: Moving the Sling app wherever you prefer on your Roku channels list.
- Step 10: Launching the Sling app.
- Step 11: Selecting the “Explore Free Content” or “Watch 3 Days Free”.
2.3 On iPhone
- Step 1: Opening the Apple App Store and selecting the “Search”.
- Step 2: Entering keyword “Sling TV” into the searching bar.
- Step 3: Locating the Sling app and selecting “GET”.
- Step 4: Clicking the “Install”.
- Step 5: Waiting a few seconds for the Sling app to install.
- Step 6: Clicking the “Open” to launch the Sling app.
- Step 7: Waiting the Sling to launch.
- Step 8: Enjoying it.
After a while of experience, users who prefer the Sling TV often want to upgrade the system. The following are the five most common ways for upgrading.
Getting a digital antenna
As for local stations, the Sling only offers FOX and NBC in some selected regions. In case that your place is far from broadcast towers, we suggest purchasing an indoor HDTV antenna. It costs less than $40.
Signing up for CBS All Access
As a potential alternative to the antenna, the CBS All Access comes with a combination of CBS live TV and on-demand programming. After a 7-day free trial, you have to pay $5.99 per month for this service.
Subscribing to Hulu On-Demand
Since CBS is now available on Sling TV, you need to add Hulu service. Then, you can watch both past and present shows from ABC, NBC, and FOX. The standard price for the Hulu ad-supported plan is $5.99 per month. If you would like Disney+ and ESPN+, the payment will be $12.99 per month.
Considering the Sling Extras
As we mentioned above, there are a lot of Sling Extras for you to choose. Each channel costs differently. However, it is never too expensive if you can find your favorite ones from that list.
Upgrading the Cloud DVR
Instead of limiting your recording with a 10-hour free Cloud DVR, why don’t you try to upgrade it up to 50 hours? It costs only $5 per month.
As a monthly-fee-payment IPTV service, the Sling does not require any contract between IPTV resellers or providers and users. Especially, it will not charge you startup fee, cancellation penalties, and equipment-rental costs. And right after the system confirms your cancellation request, billing will stop immediately.
To cancel Sling TV, you can follow steps below.
Step 1: You visit the Sling website and choose the “Sign in” on the top right corner of the screen. Then, you fill in your information to sign in.
Step 2: You click on the Setting icon on the top right corner of the screen. And you choose the “Manage Account”.
Step 3: In the section Your Subscription, you choose the option “Cancel Subscription”.
Next, you let the IPTV provider know about a reason why you want to cancel Sling TV. And then, you click on the “Continue to cancel”.
You click on the “Confirm my cancellation”.
And then, it is done.
3. Will Sling TV be worth your money?
Before having the final conclusion, we have some pros and cons of the Sling to mention here.
3.1 Pros of Sling
- Three different packages for every families.
- A lot of add-ons for customization.
3.2 Cons of Sling
- Absence of the most channels in the IPTV industry.
- Limitation of rewinding or pausing on many IPTV channels.
From our point of view, the Sling TV is worth your money as a budget-friendly live TV streaming service. Even with the most expensive package named “Sling Orange & Blue”, it is still much cheaper.
Moreover, we appreciate the Sling’s Cloud DVR. Thanks to this feature, you can rewind the show to watch whenever you want.
4. Final Thoughts
Despite tons of IPTV providers out there, it seems to be challenging to choose the one like Sling TV. It is not only affordable, but also offers lots of exciting channels. Generally, it is worth being one of the most outstanding options when you have only a tight budget.
All information above is what we would like to introduce about the Sling TV. If you have questions about any points, feel free to ask us. We will be back as soon as possible. Thank you!