SLING TV reinvents happy hour with free primetime TV through daily ‘Happy Hour Across America’
– As part of the ‘Stay in & SLING’ initiative, SLING TV unlocks primetime TV nightly with SLING Blue service free from 5 p.m. ET to midnight every night
– News consumption on SLING TV has risen 164 percent, but viewers switch from news to entertainment starting at 6 p.m.
– Live TV without the cover charge, available at sling.com on popular web browsers
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., April 14, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — SLING TV is introducing a new kind of happy hour with “Happy Hour Across America,” offering free TV every night to help the nation unwind after days of difficult news and sheltering in place. SLING TV’s “Happy Hour Across America” unlocks free primetime TV nightly as a public service to American families practicing social distancing at home. Starting today, those new to SLING TV can register to watch free TV every night from 5 p.m. to midnight.
“Since we can’t serve you a beverage or basket of hot wings, we’re introducing a new kind of happy hour – TV ‘on the house’ every night,” said Warren Schlichting, group president, SLING TV. “Much like a real happy hour, TV is often a shared experience. So grab your favorite refreshment, tune in with your friends and family, and get those group chats ready.”
As the COVID-19 crisis has unfolded, television news consumption on SLING TV climbed by triple digits over the last month, increasing 164 percent. SLING TV customers have leaned into TV as their evening escape, with viewers switching from news to entertainment starting at 6 p.m. ET and peak viewership hitting at 10 p.m. ET across SLING TV’s services.
Happy Hour Across America
Happy Hour Across America opens the SLING Blue service to new SLING customers, offering more than 50 live channels, free cloud DVR and over 50,000 on-demand titles, and allows simultaneous viewing on three screens. SLING Blue offers a variety of today’s most popular entertainment and news channels, including: A&E, AMC, Bravo, CNN, E!, FOX News, FX, HGTV, HLN, MSNBC, TLC and more.
Happy Hour Across America participants will have free access to several series premieres and noteworthy TV, including:
- “Deadliest Catch” (Discovery) season 16 premiere – Tues., April 14
- “Property Brothers: Forever Home” (HGTV) season 3 premiere – Wed., April 15
- “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” (Bravo) season 10 premiere – Wed., April 15
- “What We Do in the Shadows” (FX) season 2 premiere – Wed., April 15
- “Real Housewives of New York City” (Bravo) season 12, episode 3 – Thurs., April 16
- “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” (E!) season 18, episode 4 – Thurs., April 16
- “90 Day Fiancé: Self-Quarantined” (TLC) limited series premiere – Mon., April 20
- “Better Call Saul” (AMC) season 5 finale – Mon., April 20
For those who want to participate in Happy Hour Across America, simply visit sling.com/deals/happy-hour to sign up and start watching for free, no credit card required.
“Stay in & SLING” Initiative
Happy Hour Across America is the latest extension of SLING TV’s “Stay in & SLING” initiative, which aims to help keep Americans safe, informed and entertained while practicing social distancing at home. This initiative, in part, provides Americans with cost-free access to news, plus thousands of shows and movies for the whole family, with no paid SLING TV account required.
About SLING TV
SLING TV L.L.C. is an Emmy® Award-winning live streaming TV service that provides more than 700 channels from today’s most popular networks across its general market, Latino and international services. It is available on all major streaming devices, smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers and smartphones. SLING TV offers two general market streaming services, SLING Orange and SLING Blue, that collectively feature content from Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, NFL Network, AMC, A&E, AXS, Discovery, Scripps, Turner, Viacom, NBA TV, NHL Network, Pac-12 Networks, GSN, Hallmark, SHOWTIME, STARZ and EPIX. On select devices, SLING TV offers customers access to free content, à la carte channels and services, plus Pay-Per-View events and movies on-demand. Additionally, SLING TV offers a suite of stand-alone and add-on Spanish-language services and packages tailored to English-dominant, bilingual and Spanish-dominant U.S. households. SLING TV is the leading U.S. provider of foreign-language programming, with more than 400 channels in 27 languages. Visit sling.com. SLING TV L.L.C. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH).
SOURCE Sling TV L.L.C.